Monday, September 14, 2009

3 SWELL EXHIBITONS!


Thomas Allen: Epilogue, Blinded, 2009, 24 x 20", Chromogenic Print
foleygallery.com

This series is definitely one of my favorites! Allen creates these scenes by cutting imagery out with an exacto knife and then photographs it. I particularly liked his work because it deals with the 1950's era that i am drawn to.



Nocolai Howalt: Car Crash Studies, Untitled #1, 2009, Digital C-Print, 71 x 86.5"
brucesilverstein.com

I found the Car Crash Series to be very interesting because Howalt takes a certain part of what has been in a crash and he focuses in on it...I like the fact that he is focusing in on what many people would not find pleasing.


Victoria Ryan, Down the Mississippi, Hand-manipulated gelatin silver, 14 x 14" johnstevenson-gallery.com

I chose this photograph because I like the soft lighting throughout the photo and how this gives the whole piece a dream like feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment